Learn SQL Server
SQL is a database computer language designed for the retrieval and management of data in a relational database. SQL stands for Structured Query Language. This tutorial will give you a quick start to SQL. It covers most of the topics required for a basic understanding of SQL and to get a feel of how it works.
- Why to Learn SQL?
- SQL is Structured Query Language, which is a computer language for storing, manipulating and retrieving data stored in a relational database.
- SQL is the standard language for Relational Database System. All the Relational Database Management Systems (RDMS) like MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, Postgres and SQL Server use SQL as their standard database language.
- Also, they are using different dialects, such as − MS SQL Server using T-SQL, Oracle using PL/SQL, MS Access version of SQL is called JET SQL (native format) etc. Applications of SQL As mentioned before, SQL is one of the most widely used query language over the databases. I'm going to list few of them here:
- Allows users to access data in the relational database management systems.
- Allows users to describe the data.
- Allows users to define the data in a database and manipulate that data.
- Allows to embed within other languages using SQL modules, libraries & pre-compilers.
- Allows users to create and drop databases and tables.
- Allows users to create view, stored procedure, functions in a database.
- Allows users to set permissions on tables, procedures and views.